Wednesday, August 14, 2013

First Day 2013


We made it through another "first day!"


I seriously did not intend for them to look like the U.S. flag.  For some reason, I like each kid to wear the same color scheme each year.  Allie has done red/khaki every year, Mary has done blue and white. (That way when I compare first day pics, they have the same colors on every year:)  So I picked blue for G too.







It was a great first day!  Allie was super excited to get back. Mary enjoyed seeing friends and liked her teacher, but had a huge melt down when she came home.  (She's our sweet introvert who gets a little overwhelmed by people, so starting school is an adjustment.)

G jumped in the car after school and said, 
"That.was.awesome." Dimples and all.

Thankful for a good day!  Lots to pray about as they begin a new year.  I feel like the "school train" is high speed  and it's hard to slow it down once it gets going.  Some how I have a fifth grader, and I'm afraid if I turn around she's going to be in high school.




3 comments:

Katie said...

Love the color scheme idea! I need to remember this. ; ) I wonder what you'll do with David. Green?

I can't believe they started today! What?! Where did the summer go?

Love the start of a new school year though. Fresh beginnings. Love you!

Mommy Lion said...

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!! So glad it was a great start and SO very thankful you are a more diligent blogger than I! ;o)

Psalm139verse14 said...

Very sweet Mer. They look beautiful!