Someone will be happy to wake up with a full house.:)
Garrett had a few rough days, but the he ended the week really well, so we had a "coke date." That'll be the last time we do that. School plus sugar overload equals tears apparently.
It is a hard thing to wear out Garrett White, but last night, he said, "I think I need to go to bed, mom."
Allie had to write a little autobiography at school, and she asked me to proof read it at home. This is a very small clip of something that she wrote that brought tears to my eyes and completely FILLED my heart.
She "gets it."
We adopted David because we really believed God put it on our hearts to do so. He confirmed that through the process, but the confirmation continues. As I stood and gave an oath on David's behalf this week to be a citizen of this country, it reminded me that Christ also stands before God on my behalf...a fellow inheritor of the Kingdom.
After reading what Allie wrote, as I've thought many times, we didn't adopt David for David's sake, we adopted him for our own sakes...so that we may understand a little better what God has done for us.
Just this week, I ran across an article about this very thing written by a pastor named Jason Johnson who has adopted two children. He can express in words way better than me, so I'll use his quote:
"Orphan care doesn't begin with the orphan "out there" who needs to be adopted, it begins with the orphan in you that already has been adopted in Jesus.
The call to care for orphans begins with the Gospel, is sustained and carried by the Gospel, and in the end is one of the clearest and most tangible expressions of the Gospel."




1 comment:
Beautiful. I love this.
Post a Comment