I read a post that stated these ten rules of love that I really liked. I looked at all the scripture and decided they would great to memorize with the kids this year.
We had a good summer, but GOODNESS....I said all the things I heard my mother say:)
"If you can't be nice, don't say it at all!"
"Quit touching him."
"He's only three. He doesn't know how to unload the dishwasher yet!"
It is the nature of child rearing, but I liked the rules enough that I made a canvas to hang up in the mudroom where they park all their stuff.
I can't wait to stuff it down their throats lovingly and prayerfully ponder this with my dear children.
"Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them
as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." Deuteronomy 11:18-19

2 comments:
I love this. So true...even as adults.
Great idea! If I pay you, will you make me one??
Post a Comment