Saturday, December 6, 2008

All Aboard!

Saturday morning...I have to say how excited I am about TODAY! The hubs is off (a rarity for Saturdays for the past month), it's cold outside, Garrett is still sleeping, and the girls are perfectly happy coloring pictures and showing real signs of humanity to each other, and we have NO WHERE TO GO!!!! Yeah!!!!

Last night was enough excitement for the whole weekend. After getting Allie ready for school, I told the girls we had a surprise and let them open a gift. It was pajamas, and Allie figured out very quickly what that meant..the Polar Express! We did this train ride last year, and she was so excited to go back.


What could it be?

We're ready to go! We left right after school and didn't account for after school traffic or something. We were trying to catch the 5:10 train, and we arrived at the depot literally at 5:06. I was about to have a heart attack, and the hubs was his normal "this was perfect planning..we'll walk right on and not have to wait" self. They were blowing the whistle as we were all RUNNING to get on!! Our neighbors went too, so we were just trying to enhance the experience for them.

Hot chocolate!

Typical family pic...Mary is not looking. We left Garrett behind...which is a good thing because we definitely would have missed it if we had to lug him around.

They just saw Santa get on! All "E" wants for Christmas is his two front teeth!

Mary was very unsure, and Santa made a valiant effort to get her to smile. She had more of a "just give me the bell and go" attitude, but was secretly very excited.

See!

9 comments:

Katie said...

YEA! What fun. We went this morning on our "Santa train."

I was laughing because we ran to catch ours too and barely made it!

Mandy said...

So cute! No train for us this year. Abby would freak and it would be no fun for us! Maybe next year...AHHHHHH

Great pics! I can't wait to see you guys.

becca said...

That looks sooooo fun!!!

Melissa said...

Oh how neat!! Glad you guys had a fun time on the train! You won't be able to leave Garrett behind next year, boys LOVE trains!

Adam, Emily, & Abbott said...

That just made my morning. I miss
those rug rats this week:) I know I've said this but I am the luckiest sister in the world to have you as my best friend and have your children in my life:) I love you all so much!!! See you Monday:)

Adam, Emily, & Abbott said...

So fun. I want to go. The girls are getting so big and so cute. I have an idea... next year you need to come to AZ and do the panda express through the Grand Canyon with us... convinced... I'm so glad to see and hear you're all doing well. YOu're amazing as usual. MISS YOU, dana

Jaime said...

Looks like fun! Where did you go? I've heard of the Polar Express, but never heard where it is.

What a fun Christmas tradition and memory!

Mommy Lion said...

How fun! Where is the Polar Express?

Jenn said...

That is VERY sweet! Talk about a kid's imagination come to life... What a great experience for ALL of you (because I bet you and Faber enjoyed it just as much as the girls did...using them for YOUR FUN is a great excuse! :)) Love you! Jenn