Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Fireside

I found Allie parked right in front of the fireplace tonight before she was to go to bed. I said, "Al what are you doing?" She replied, "mamma, I'm just so tired, that I wanted to sit in front of the fireplace and read my book." It sounded like a great idea to me...I pulled up a bean bag and a book and joined in the fun. Who of us are too busy for a night by the fire with our kiddos?? Don't get that busy this December....this was way more fun.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great pic! I love the glow from the fire. Such a wonderful memory for you and Al. Also, love your advice. I know I need to slow down and savor those moments more myself. :)

Kristen said...

That is just so sweet! I so often find myself rushing through what could be really sweet moments. Thanks for the reminder!

Mandy said...

Love this!!! Such a great thing to remember this crazy holiday season!! Love you!

Jenn said...

So sweet... What a wise little girl you have, Meredith. :)

Katie said...

Awww, I want to sit by the fire with ya'll, too! Love you.