Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Softball sized hail

It's that time of year again....softball season.  It's tough to watch at this age:)  They are a little past the tee ball age where it's just so darn cute when they run in the wrong direction. We are in the big leagues now...where 50 voices are yelling to do this, do that, run here, throw it there...all at the same time.  I'm not one of those parents...nope:) I hated stepping up to the plate when it was my turn. TOO MUCH STRESS! Thankfully Allie is not the type. She can't wait!



It's never too early to get a sports lesson.


 Little girls' softball means not so great pitching about 80% of the time, and my girl will swing at anything...even if it's rolling on the ground across the plate. Yep, she did once! 


Last week while she and her daddy were out practicing, it started hailing SOFTBALLS! One hit her right in the eye:(  I was inside talking on the phone, and it sounded like she was being mauled by a dog, but thankfully it was just a missed pop fly.  I think we will stick with grounders for now.

You would think she might be embarrassed to go to school the next day, but no, not Allie.  I warned her that people might ask about it all day long, and she said..."I KNOW MOM, I THOUGHT ABOUT IT IN THE SHOWER, AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SHOW IT OFF!"  The following morning when the principal opened the car door during carpool, she proceeded to stick her face out the window, and said, "Yep my daddy whacked me right in the eye!"  Hmm...haven't gotten any phone calls about that yet, so I guess we are safe.

3 comments:

Katie said...

That is some kind of shiner! Wow. Brave girl!

Mandy said...

I love her wanting to show it off. Hilarious!!

Beth Ann said...

We have the same zebra socks!!! Love it that G is already getting 'lessons' just like at my house. Love that girl of yours! (& I do yell & scream but only when something really good happens...)