Thursday, September 29, 2011

Kindergarten fun

It's supposed to be fall here (we reached 100 deg today), but the apple party wasn't cancelled thankfully. Mary was asked to bring two different varieties of apples to school.


I bought the apples, and two hours later, I found the apples. What am I going to do with my little rat?




Mary enjoys her teacher and her class, but she is tired and a little bit ferocious for Mary. She snapped at me for the first time EVER last week.  She's normally so mild tempered.  It shocked me, and I had to keep from laughing.


Garrett and I had a park date last week. It has taken me some time to find a helmet big enough for my boy's head.  I started with a 3 year old helmet.  The winner was for....8 year olds. Fit like a glove.



Does this seem fair??  Poor Kate chased Garrett for maybe a mile or two around the park.  



Mary was beyond excited to have a friend "C" come home from school.  It was her first official school play date. The kids were asked to make a cross craft for a fundraiser, and so I thought we could do it together.  Instead of wasting hours on Pinterest looking for ideas, I texted my best buddy...the fastest crafter this side of the Mississippi.  You got it; Beth Ann had an idea in 2.5 seconds FLAT.




I think they turned out great!   I stained wooden crosses from Hobby Lobby,  caulked it, had them mash the beads on to the cross, then went back over with stain.  VERY FUN!

1 comment:

Beth Ann said...

Love your post & the crosses...it makes me feel like you're in the next room telling me about your week when you blog. Don't stop (like me)! Miss you bunches!!!