Saturday, September 24, 2011

Lightning Bolt

After school on Thursday, a thunderstorm blew in! The rain is so so welcome here, but it was an intense storm with a lot of lightening and loud thunder.  We were almost home and pulling up to a red light, when a tree within yards of us was struck by lightning.  There was a loud loud crash and big flash of light!


Immediately all three kids were screaming.  It truly was startling.  After only a few seconds, Garrett said, "GRILLS (girls) it's just rain!"  


The next day, Allie said that Mary had been filming with my camera when the lightening struck. SURE ENOUGH!  My audio is broken on my phone, but at the very beginning you can see two flashes of light.  What are the chances that Mary would be holding up my phone camera??? 



Ladies and gentleman, I give you the newest Weather Channel Correspondent....Mary.


....if only she wasn't deathly afraid of thunderstorms:)


1 comment:

Katie said...

That's crazy! I wish I could have heard the screaming. ;)