11 months home big D!
This weekend he found "James" at Bunny's, and he's been holding James ever since. His trains are his favorite things.
This afternoon I had an appointment, and as David and I were sitting in the waiting room, and older couple came over and sat beside us. They were adorable, and the man asked if my son could play with his I-Pad. I was a little nervous about it! He then asked if David was adopted, and where from if so. I told him Korea, and he tapped his sweet little wife on the lap, and grinned really big. I thought they might kiss David's cheeks! They proceeded to tell me that they adopted their oldest daughter 45 YEARS AGO from Korea. They told me about their trip to Seoul, and that she's now a pharmacist in California. It was such a sweet moment because they genuinely about burst with excitement to visit with David. I was fascinated by their story. The man had been stationed in Japan, and they saw the need for orphans to be adopted, and Korea was one of the only international adoption options 45 years ago. Our visit was short, but I sure would have loved to hear their whole story. They made my day!
HUGE change this month. With the coming of David's vocabulary is the long awaited passing of the boys' fighting. They still have squabbles, but even in the last week, I've noticed that they are really playing together, A LOT! It's such a relief because I've been refereeing my days away. Maybe they are starting to "get" each other. Their relationship has DEFINITELY been the hardest, and mostly because lack of understanding and communication, but they are moving in the right direction.
Today, the kids had been in the car TOO long. They were squabbling and I was about to pull out my "crazy," when I decided to roll down all the widows and turn the radio up really loudly as we pulled in the driveway. They were so happy that we made about 10 laps around the driveway. They jumped out and started dancing because they were so glad to be home, and I snapped this picture. It may be my favorite except that Allie was not home.
And finally for the forever long blog post. David wore himself out on noodles, but decided he wanted some yesterday. Don't let one noodle get away big guy.
David Lee White, I don't know how we could love you anymore. So thankful it's not May 2012!



3 comments:
Sweet boy! So happy you are here and part of our crazy family! Love you!!
That is so neat that the Lord placed that couple in the room with you. Love stories like that!
I love this post! All of it! Way to turn crazy into crazy fun. :)
Precious Precious...all of that post was so sweet!!
Post a Comment