My sister and BIL are about to celebrate their 11 year anniversary, but they didn't do anything for 10 year because Emily went on bed rest with Hannah last year about that time.
Adam wanted to do something special, so he had a surprise vow renewal ceremony.
She was so shocked.
Both their parents and family were in town for Hannah's baby dedication, so we had planned to go out to eat. Long story, Adam had set up quite the scavenger hunt all over town. It was really funny some of the stuff she had to do. She was so surprised when she walked in our back yard, to find their pastor and family waiting.
It was a very sweet ceremony. Adam has recently changed jobs and cut back because he has started seminary to prepare for full time ministry in a few years. This is a big landmark in their marriage obviously, so the ceremony was also to pray for and "commission" them as they move forward into ministry.
The happy couple....AGAIN:)
And they dedicated sweet Hannah to the Lord on Mother's Day. She's a perfect little baby:)
As for Mother's Day....I have four kids. I don't know how that happened??? Almost every day I do get a little overwhelmed. Collectively, they need me...more than I want to be needed:) God uses these little people to make me look to Him EVERY single day. I can't do it without the peace of God because they are anything but peaceful! ha ha
Kids have a way of bringing to light who you are, and that's one of the toughest things I find about being a mom. You can hide your ugliness to alot of people, but your kids see right through it, and so daily I pray for grace to raise them as God raises me. And daily I fail, so I keep praying. I think that's why we have four. I'm a slow learner.



2 comments:
You're not a slow learner at ALL!
Remember they see every single wonderful quality you have, too!
Sweet ceremony for Emily and Adam.
Beautifully put! Being needed more than you want to...God using our kids to make us look to Him...Love it! And, what a wonderful pic of you with your FOUR! :)
Post a Comment