Today, we the White family started a new chapter of our lives.....
...a good bye card...by Allie White.
In every phase of life, we have been so blessed with deep incredible friendships. Pretty soon after we married, we moved to NY and immediately were placed in a small group with 4 of the coolest couples on the planet. I also had wonderful friends at work. Those friends were in the category of : "we had our first babies together." Not long after we left, the group disbanded for other moves, etc. and they will always remain in that category full of wonderful, awful, hysterical, memories of "first borns!" They were our family for 4 years, meeting all the needs that families have...the good and the bad.
When we moved here, we immediately landed in a new small group. I've said this before. The first little man to greet me at the door was Little Lion. He was 2. Who knew his family would not only be the bridge to new friendships, but this family would also be the family that we have "done" life with the last 7 years. We had second babies together. We potty trained together, pulled first teeth together, watched first soccer games together, met at the ER late in the night with a first broken bone together...and the list goes on and on and on.
They moved today.
There I said it. I didn't think I could. I've been in denial for months because they stayed in town several months getting their affairs in order.
We are going to miss them like crazy. So thank you Myers for "doin" life with us for 7 years. Thanks for the sleep overs. Thanks for keeping Gman for a week when our plans fell through....and getting the flu from him, but never fessing up that you were even sick. Thanks for teaching me how to organize...a little. Thanks for being roll models in parenting. Thanks for having perfect children. (ba ha you know you do and we don't!) Thanks for teaching me how to digi scrap even though I haven't talked you back into it in years. Thank you for praying for us every time we buckled up to head out on another road trip...and texting us to make sure we made it. Thank you for loving us so so well.
Hope you smell bad when you get there, and they send you back because you won't shut up about the best friends you ever had.....ba ha! Love you!


8 comments:
Very sweet post! Praying for you all during this transition. Some people may think that's crazy but having friends move is so hard! We will miss them too, but not near as much as you. Btw, LOVED the letter!! That is precious.
Love your guts! That's all I can muster up right now!!!
UGH! THAT my friend is all I've got! Reading the letter was even better than hearing about it!!! THTAT is a keeper for sure!
again with the spelling!
Hugs! It was hard saying goodbye to my family. But we have visited my one brother in GA several times though, my Mom went to Seattle once to visit my other brother.
Blessings,
Amy
Tears. And I haven't even met them! (except on FB, that is)
Lilly just said, "Momma, are you crying?"
Love the letter, too. And nice handwriting...
:)
Justine
Oh Mer I'm so sorry you have to say good-bye to your dear dear friends!!! Close friends like that make life so much better in so many ways. Since I had the privilege of being one "of the coolest couples on the planet" (why thank you my dear) I know from experience that the friendship bond definitely won't diminish across the miles. It certainly will look much different than it does now, but I love that I still feel like I know your babies even though I only really knew one of them in person. You are a treasure and thank you for giving your all to your friends! (and thank you for being such an amazing blogger!) :) Much love to you and to your Lion family!
What a sweet tribute to a fun family! (I actually didn't realize they'd all made the move yet!) Praying for all of ya'll!
Post a Comment